The Head of Sales is a key member of the Management Team of Beiersdorf Switzerland. The position actively contributes to shaping the future direction and overarching business strategy. Developing and implementing sustainable channel & customer portfolio strategies, building and maintaining close relationships to key customers and a passionate & ambitious leadership style are key to this role. As Head of Sales you will be responsible for executing the overarching strategy within the sales team, managing overall customer budgets & plans and coaching the team to bring out their best.
- Defines, drives & executes the overall business strategy as member of the Management Team.
- Owner of the sales vision and sales roadmap. Executes company growth plans through channel & customer development plans.
- Envisions, engages and enables the sales organization to deliver the roadmap with excellence.
Building the Business
- Strategic Planning: Connects the customers’ and company’s strategies, objectives and needs in a way that sustains and grows net sales, market share and customer value. Guides the teams to work effectively with customers.
- Customer Relationship Management: Builds up and maintains effective and sustainable customer relationships. Supports the KAM- / RKAM-Teams in building up strategic customer relationships and drives internal and external company image.
- Negotiating and closing: Plans the overall negotiation strategy considering the company targets and company’s principles (e.g. Pay for Performance, growth etc.). Supports the KAM-/RKAM-Teams to carry out the defined strategy and coaches the teams in all kind of negotiations with all key customers and buying groups.
Building the Organization
- People Leadership: Guides, coaches and develops sales team based on individual needs with a strong “One Team” mentality.
- Collaborative Power: Closely collaborates with all contributing teams in and beyond sales towards one joint strategy and shared business targets.
- Driving Improvements: Identifies levers and implements needed changes to set sales up for efficient, sustainable future success (e.g. processes, systems, trading terms).
- Shaping companies’ sales expertise: Leads the development and deployment of sales best practice & tools in own team and neighbouring functions, together with peers.